We need your assistance to help women in rural Uganda increase their income from 40p to £1.75 a week. That’s just 25 p a day and half the price of a daily newspaper here in the UK but £1.75 is the amount of money a woman in Uganda needs to send three children to a government school, fight malnutrition and ensure that her family can access basic health care. It’s a life changing amount. It’s a difference you can choose to make.
LTHT believes in a “hand up” rather than a “hand out” approach and you can help make that difference by donating £2.50 to our “Send a Chicken” initiative. “Send a Chicken” to an African woman is a direct way of aiding women in rural Africa to become economically independent.
Your donation of £2.50 will buy a two-month old chick for an African woman and create a life changing experience for the recipient and her family.
If you can dig deeper, for £10 we can deliver two two-month-old chicks to a village woman, help them set up a pen for the chicks, provide chicken feed for three months as well as vaccines. After that your gift will be self sustaining generating much needed income for years to come and will help build a better nourished next generation of children.
Within two months the hens will start laying eggs and we will help the women find a route to market for the surplus eggs after her family’s nutritional needs have been met.
We ask you to support this initiative because
- Women in rural Uganda still do all the hard work for only 40p a week and simply can’t afford this type of investment. (For most women in rural Uganda £2.50 is over an entire month’s earnings.)
- This initiative will enable women to acquire a new skill.
- By closing skills gaps amongst rural women who have no assets to generate their own income we enable them to improve their income and livelihood
- Better skilled African women in rural areas have a chance of generating income to benefit the community as a whole
- 2.3 million Ugandan children are chronically malnourished, the eggs laid will provide essential proteins for growing children
Every Little helps –Make a difference today by donating £2.50
Choose your bundle today: